Re: [hertzog@debian.org: Re: Woody retrospective and Sarge introspective]

hi :)

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 11:38:56PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> I'm sorry but going from 3 to 4 is not any likely to introduce much more
> chaos than we currently have.
but anyway, some more automation would be good and would help

> And the BTS certainly tracks version number ... when you file a bug, you
> file it against a particular "version" of the package.
but most bugs don't affect /one/ version, but a range of versions
(from the version introducing the bug to the version fixing it)

just introducing one new field storing the version fixing the bug
would make live simpler i think.

> There's the question of affected distributions, and for this we have the
> tags which are manually set when we need them.
storing a version range would enable all scripts to get the list
of affected distributions without the need to manually tag bugs.

only problem of course is that one would have to change multiple
scripts to actually make that happen...

--
CU,		  / Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen, Germany
Martin Waitz	//  [Tali on IRCnet]  [tali.home.pages.de] _________