Re: [hertzog@debian.org: Re: Woody retrospective and Sarge introspective]

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 12:38:37PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> - experimental is not autobuilded

Well, "we" could change that ;)

Seriously, not trying to step on anybodies toes:
Wouldn't it make sense to power-up experimental a bit, both
infrastructure and dd/user-awareness-wise?

I mean, every now and then somebody answers: "You don't want to do that.
Rather, you want to upload that to experimental" and then they get
responded: "Naw, nobody would look there and then there's this problem
and that problem, etc".

Having experimental being autobuilt and perhaps having the possibility
to move stuff from there to unstable via a well-defined mail sequence
might be helpful.

Obviously, this thought isn't fleshed out a lot so I rather put on my
asbestos suit (altough it's bloody warm here)

Michael