Re: Shared library defines a RPATH

Richard Atterer wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 28, 2002 at 03:21:46PM -0400, James A. Treacy wrote: -
> "rpath breaks filesystem moves." Well, this is not a problem with my
> scenario, since everything is in the same package. I'm not denying
> that it's a huge problem with "normal" shared libs.

What happens if i want to relocate whole package (e. g. from /usr ->
/usr/local)? As i understand it, the executable won't find the library
in /usr/lib/<whatever> and will fail. (But: i don't know if this is
problem or violates policy, but i'd like to have packages relocatable).

--
[ Yenar Calentaure | yenar@host.sk | http://yenar.host.sk ]