Re: PAM_Unix, PAM_LDAP

	Having been using LDAP for authentication for well over 3 years
now I can say if you configure your system properly the results of this
are minimal... Specially if your LDAP server and the machine
authenticating off it are on the same network... You are being security
mind'd and NOT allowing unencrypted plain text password authentication
go out over port 389/tcp and only allow SSL encrypt'd LDAP
authentication over 636/tcp right?

	You can also improve the result timeouts by tweaking the
reaction on lookup results in your Name Service Switch... I haven't had
a problem and I use LDAP lookups first, then normal local
authentication... In fact root's acct is in both LDAP and local so I
have network level root passwd and local level...

	Jeremy