Re: dpkg-source v2

On Mon, 2002-07-22 at 17:44, Joey Hess wrote:

> Right, I want to see less of that, not more, with the new source format.

Agreed.

> I was hoping it would be entirely eliminated with the new source format
> except for packages that have a tarball that does not create a directory
> at all [...]

Actually, dpkg-source v2 already automatically detects when this
happens, and fixes it :)

> By the way where does the xml-foo that you were threatening about
> earlier come in to all this?

Right now it's just used for patch-control.xml, which is how you specify
dependencies among patches, etc.

Here's an example:

http://monk.debian.net/~walters/debian/dpkg-source-v2/evolution2/evolution-1.0.7/debian/patches/patch-control.xml