Re: A problem with Packages? Or is it not?

On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 02:20:30PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 09:04:07PM +0200, Jakub Turski wrote:
> > Let us assume the following scenario:
> >
> > 1/ Mr X has hacked the main ftp with debs.
(..)

> That's what Release and Release.gpg prevent. The Securing Debian Manual
> at http://www.debian.org/doc/ includes a script to verify these.

	Nice to see that somebody (other than me) mentions it. After the
long thread at debian-security I expected people to RTFM first :) In any
case I will update the information in the document since I think the
thread at debian-devel sheds some more information (maybe it has even
changed since I wrote that in the Manual).

	Regards

	Javi