Re: dpkg-source v2

On 21 Jul 2002 17:14:20 -0400, Colin Walters <walters@debian.org>
wrote:
>So, if you'd like to help me make sure we have a good next-generation
>build system, then please test dpkg-source v2!

Does dpkg-source v2 allow "debian third party patches"? We routinely
take a debian source package (for example foo_1.0-4), apply our own
patch to the source package (for example, disabling some options in
the configure call) to give foo_1.0-4tpl4. Currently, this needs
manual intervention (dpkg-source, apply tpl patch, build package), and
it is clumsy if more changes are involved.

Can dpkg-source v2 handle such things automatically?

Greetings
Marc