Re: Christian Marillat, once again

Marek Habersack <grendel@debian.org> writes:

> Note one thing (this is the remark I was referring to above) - it is not
> always possible to preserve some settings merely because they might cease to
> exist in the newer packages or they might've changed their meaning and
> the effect on the package they have.

Of course this is true; if the exceptions are where it isn't logically
meaningful, then of course there is no upgrade.

I have never used a version of gnome-terminal that did not have a font
configuration option, but this is now like the fourth time I've had to
go reconfigure the damn thing since I started using Christian's gnome
packages.

And the current font selector for gnome-terminal is *less* functional
than the old one, worse yet.