Date: 17 Jul 2002 11:39:07 -0700
From: "Karl M. Hegbloom" <karlheg@hegbloom.net>
To: Walter Tautz <wtautz@math.uwaterloo.ca>
Subject: Re: regarding gambc debian package, will there be a version for woody?

On Wed, 2002-07-17 at 08:27, Walter Tautz wrote:
> Hello, I just noticed that gambc is not in woody or unstable.
> Do you plan to provide a gambc package (I believe there is
> a version 4? ...not sure about that)

No.  AFAIK, it's up for adoption.  Take it if you like.

--
As any limb well and duly exercised, grows stronger,
the nerves of the body are corroborated thereby. --I. Watts.  .''`.

 Package: gambc
  THIS PACKAGE MAY NOT BE INCLUDED ON CD-ROMS THAT ARE TO BE SOLD.  YOU
   MUST OBTAIN A LICENCE FROM THE AUTHOR FOR COMMERCIAL USE.
    .
	 This software is Copyright (C) 1994-1998 by Marc Feeley, all rights
	 reserved, and may be used freely for academic research and education.
	 Please refer to the /usr/doc/gambitc/copyright file, the installed
	 documentation, and http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~gambit/ for more
	 information.
		  .
	 This is release 3.0 of the Gambit-C Scheme programming system.  Gambit-C
	 includes a Scheme interpreter and a compiler which can be used to build
	 standalone executables.  Because the compiler generates portable C code, it
	 is fairly easy to port to any machine with a decent C compiler.
			    .
	 The Gambit-C system conforms to the R4RS and IEEE Scheme standards.  The
	 full numeric tower is implemented, including: infinite precision integers
	 (bignums), rationals, inexact reals (floating point numbers), and complex
	 numbers.  Gambit-C supports a number of extensions to the standards
	 including: