	From: Elie Rosenblum [mailto:fnord@cosanostra.net]
	Sent: الاحد 05/05/1423 10:36 ص
	To: Youssef El Dakar
	Cc: debian-devel@lists.debian.org
	Subject: Re: Letter 'g' in Library Package Name

	On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 10:31:11AM +0300, Youssef El Dakar wrote:
	> What's the meaning of the letter 'g' in several Debian library package names (e.g. libelfg0, libpamg0, zlig1g)?
	>
	> I tried to find my answer in the documentation but couldn't.

	This dates back to the transition from libc5 to libc6 (glibc). Lib
	packages with g in the name denoted that they were compiled against
	glibc rather than libc5.

	--
	Elie Rosenblum                 That is not dead which can eternal lie,
	http://www.cosanostra.net   And with strange aeons even death may die.