Re: apologies and summary. was: Where is Debian going?

On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 09:59:04AM +0200, giuseppe bonacci wrote:
> Since so many serious developers out there believe that "Debian is
> perfect just the way it is", I must be wrong, and what I perceive like
> paradoxes to a closer look must reveal as brilliant features.

This is clearly an inaccurate statement.  All three of this year's
Debian Project Leader candidates ran on a platform delcaring their
intentions to improve the Debian Project.

http://www.debian.org/vote/2002/vote_0001

It is obvious to me that many influential developers -- not just the
candidates themselves but those who took the time to vote -- share the
opinion that there are areas where Debian can, or even must, improve,
and that Debian is not "perfect just the way it is".

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    The errors of great men are
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    venerable because they are more