Re: DebConf 2 post-mortem

On 11 Jul 2002, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:

> * Chris Lawrence
>
> | I think the larger issue - that YorkU was pretty isolated from the
> | rest of the universe - shouldn't be overlooked, particularly since the
> | whole schedule was so ad-hoc that if you tried to do anything for
> | lunch, you might miss half the next talk before you got back.
>
> For those of us who was not there:  About how far was it from YorkU to
> Ťother facilitiesť, like restaurants?

   There were many nice Asian restaurants and others within about 2 miles
from the campus.  The on campus stuff was about right given the size of
the campus and that it was the summer session.  Taking busses that came on
campus and using the subway, you could get downtown in 30 minutes for only
$2.25 Canadian.  It was about the same with a car, plus parking costs.
The campus did not seem like it had much in walking distance though.

   Adam