Re: DebConf 2 post-mortem

On Wed, 2002-07-10 at 07:16, Russell Coker wrote:
> The only talk that I didn't find useful was the one on obfuscinated Perl,
> he's a great speaker (obviously much more skilled than everyone else who gave
> a talk) but he wasn't speaking about Linux or Debian.

Let me clear this up: Damian's talk was less a part of Debconf as it was
a talk which happened to be held at Debconf. Richard Dice, Damian's
organizer in Toronto, approached us; he was looking for somewhere for
Damian to be able to deliver his talk for free (i.e, no facility costs),
and it just so happened that many of the people at Debconf would be
interested in Damian's talk, so I set it up.

As well, I'm pretty sure that it drew an audience not entirely comprised
of Debconf attendees, which was the idea in the first place.

--
Joe Drew <hoserhead@woot.net> <drew@debian.org>

"This particular group of cats is mostly self-herding." -- Bdale Garbee