Re: Shouldn't desktop environments use *term -ls? (Re: The best recommendation [...])

Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 01:03:50PM -0700, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> > I wish if system's /etc/X11/Xsession inserts code such as:
> > ---
> > if [ -f $HOME/.Xenvironment ]; then
> >         . $HOME/.Xenvironment
> > fi
> > ---
> >
> > So we can set per-user based environment through $HOME/.Xenvironment (I
> > want to do LC_* etc. so I can have Japanese on one account and English
> > on other.)
>
> This makes me vomit.

What's wrong with it?

joey@satin:~>grep environment .xinitrc
# Source global environment file.
. $HOME/.environment

As a user I need to be able to set a fair number of environment
variables on a global basis so they will be applied to any program that
ever runs once I'm loged in. It would be nice if it were a bit easier to
do that.

--
see shy jo