Re: Linux Fonts

On Mon, 2002-07-08 at 13:11, Erich Schubert wrote:
> Enforcing a name change when the font was modified is ok with the Debian
> Free Software Guidelines, i believe. ;)
>
> Acutally i guess a few licences will have similar terms, how do ximian
> and abisoft handle this?

They do it by not including any mention of the name in the license and
then trademarking the appropriate logos/names so that they can't be used
without their permission (and then they usually grant a "blanket"
trademark license so e.g. you can call your own compiled "AbiWord", but
not "AbiSoft AbiWord" or something like that).

This is IMO the right way; copyright should *not* deal with naming
issues, that's the domain of trademarks.
--
 - Joe Wreschnig <piman@sacredchao.net>  -  http://www.sacredchao.net
  "What I did was justified because I had a policy of my own... It's