Re: Little things make the initial install experience painful

On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 09:15:42AM -0500, Scott Dier wrote:
> IANAFM (ftp-master) but it seems like all the http.us mirrors have been
> traditionally push primary mirrors.  In that vein, they should all be
> updated at near the same time and in sync.  I believe the real issue is

No, there have been problems in the past. Basically, it can take a while
to sync, so there was a window where the Packages file would be out of
sync with the packages actually on the filesystem. The ordering has
changed (packages aren't deleted until a day or two after they've left
all the Packages files) and I haven't seen any problems caused by that
in a while.

--
Mike Stone