Re: Little things make the initial install experience painful

Am 19.06.02 um 23:51:13 schrieb Joey Hess:
> > I let the installer run dselect. I still find dselect an impossibly
> > confusing program, but I suppose this isn't getting fixed for woody.
> There should be no "let"; it should not default to running dselect. It
> does ask, but the default should usually be no. Anyway, aptitude is in
> woody+1..

aptitude is not properly internationalized. It's translations are
lacking. Pressing F1 gives an English help text. In the source of
0.2.11.1, there are only 2 valid PO files. In a UTF-8 terminal with
German text, the menus fail to display properly. It supports far fewer
languages than dpkg (and thus dselect).

Cheers,
    Mike

--