Re: Little things make the initial install experience painful

In linux.debian.devel, you wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 06:59:48PM -0400, Mark Eichin wrote:
>> >  2) Remeber to hand-edit the sources.list file and change
>> >     "stable" to "woody".
>>
>> While this "will be" correct once released, it has been giving testers
>> a nasty time -- perhaps we need a clever way to toggle this, even if
>> it's a magic untagged key "hit f9 at the first screen if you're a
>> tester" sort of thing...
>
> Since woody will still be woody after it becomes stable, what is the good
> reason for it not saying woody all along?

Sounds like an excellent suggestion to me.  Having it "stable"
really threw me for a loop.  I thought I had downloaded the
wrong floppies, so I downloaded the floppies again and started
over.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Sign my PETITION.
                                  at