Re: looking for a TeX guy to (help to) package PassiveTeX

From: christophe barbé <christophe.barbe.ml@online.fr>
Subject: looking for a TeX guy to (help to) package PassiveTeX
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 20:50:13 -0400

> I have packaged xmlto, a very convenient way to convert XML files to
> anything. But to provide ps and pdf output, it needs PassiveTeX.
>
> I really would like to provide a fully functional software but I have
> no experience with TeX.
>
> Jaldhar has created a preliminary package of PassiveTeX but something is
> still not right (perhaps not in this package) and he is not a TeXpert
> (and is already busy).
>
>    http://www.braincells.com/debian/passivetex/
>
> I am looking for someone to package it or help me (= explain me) to
> package it.

Well, I would like to know what is the problem before
trying to help you...

Does build fail or doesn't passivetex work well with
xmlto?

How can one encounter the problem?

I know TeX a bit but don't know XML, is it okay?

Best regards,		   2002.6.19

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Tokushima Univ.