Re: command -v in postinsts violating policy

On Sat, May 25, 2002 at 06:33:06PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> Over six hundred packages already use it, it prevents the hard-coding of
> paths into maintainer scripts and thus renders them more robust against
> harmless changes in other packages (e.g., moving traceroute from
> /usr/sbin to /usr/bin) and is otherwise useful.  I am far from the only
> package maintainer who employs this tool.

Hi Branden,
do you mind if i start working on your packages to replace any occurrence of
the 'command -v' with any other alternative good solution?

I'm sure that policy rocks, and that task may be accomplished be any
developer, so the only way i can demonstrate it is doing.

ciao,
--
Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis              | Elegant or ugly code as well
aliases: Luca ^De [A-Z][A-Za-z\-]*[iy]'\?s$ | as fine or rude sentences have