Re: where do NEW packages go?

On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 06:03:28PM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> If Debian Linux/alpha, Debian FreeBSD/arm, and Debian hurd-i386 are all
> different, then what is the point of Debian?

Conversely, if Debian FreeBSD is identical to FreeBSD, what's the point
of Debian? Maybe the hurd people really do need an independent
distribution, one that's not associated with the Debian OS, so we won't
continue to confuse issues of hurd technical purity with debian
conformance. There appear to be people interested in each of these, and
choice is good, right?

--
Mike Stone