Re: where do NEW packages go?

On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 12:48:47AM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> This is not the efficienst way to cooperate.  I prefer a step between making a
> technical design and producing working code, and this step is discussing the
> technical design with other people, in particular those people who later
> have to incorporate patches and work with the code.  And then probably
> starting all over again ("back to the drawing board") if the design turns
> out to be not workable or not perfect.

You may prefer it, but if people aren't interested you should just move
on to implementation. :) Yes, the implementation might be thrown out,
but it's easier to discuss things if there's an implementation to beat
on.  And implementations aren't sacred--creating a prototype and
throwing it out is perfectly ok. If you're waiting for a perfect design
you're going to be waiting a long time.

Especially in a project like this, where there's a long history of people
dropping grand plans and then walking away, code (even prototype code)
speaks louder than words.

--
Mike Stone