Re: Help me

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 02:39:42PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > [something in HTML (only)]
> >
> > Please resend your message with at least a plain-text version.  Most of us
> > cannot read HTML email, and given the recent stint of Microsoft Outlook
> > viruses, we're not about to start.
>
> You shouldn't have bothered; This was outright spam.

How was I supposed to know that?  As I said, I haven't the ability
configured even to read HTML email, and I generally don't bother to try
and read the source.  Had it been an actual idiot user who can't use a
proper subject message and has a silly HTML-only configuration, my reply
was important educational material which was not overly condescending.

However, it was spam, as you noted.  The reply bounced, and maybe someone
else reading the list who has not yet configured their mail system sanely
saw my message and did so.  Wasted effort on my part?  Probably, but maybe
not.

Someone needs to tweak spamassasin to be just a little more paranoid about
marking, if it is still even running on the lists - I've not seen anything
marked spam in the past week and a half's mail, which I read just
yesterday after getting out of the hospital.  Ugh.

Also, one minor nitpick about spamassasin marking list mail,
*****SPAM***** is a little annoying, can it be *SPAM* or [SPAM] or so?

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>                   Here we go again

<Hydroxide> knightbrd: from knightbrd.brain import * :)
<knghtbrd> Oh gods if it were that easy ..
<knghtbrd> from carmack.brain import OpenGL