Re: SPAM mails marking bugs as done?

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 02:08:49PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> was heard to say:
> An other one could be to check the From address when something is received
> at an address that could modify the state of a bug as follows:
> - If it's a @debian.org address or the maintainer of the package this bug
>   is for, accept
> - If this mail is not the first to this bug from this address, but it
>   sent the first time to this bug less than a certain amount of time
>   ago, drop
> - If a mail has been sent to this particular bug from this particular
>   address before, accept
> - Everything else: drop.
>
> That would filter out most, I think, while not being too inconvenient to
> people doing what they need to do or users filing bugs and submitting more
> information. After all, unmangling emailaddresses is not impossible...

  So we shouldn't allow people without a debian.org address to submit
more information to a bug they didn't file unless they forge their From
addresses?

  You Must Be Joking.

  Daniel

|                    Apostrophes are not a warning that a                     |
|                    word is about to end in an "s".                          |
\------- (if (not (understand-this)) (go-to http://www.schemers.org)) --------/