Re: draft release announcement

* Thomas Bushnell, BSG (tb@becket.net) wrote :
> Thom May <thom@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Are you called "the Dutch RMS" because you just ape his pronouncements
> > verbatim?
>
> Um, Debian has already decided this issue.  You might not like it, but
> it's pointless to act like it's an open question.

Right.
My main issue is:
A press release is supposed to attract more users for Debian. Do we have
to hold onto political correctness throughout the text? or do we balance
acknowledging FSF's prefered name for what we distribute at first, and then
move to a name that most users and journos or whatever are familiar with so
that they are attracted to our system?

I apologise for the attack on Jeroen, it was unwarranted in this case.
-Thom
--
Thom May -> thom@debian.org

* liiwi starts planning breakfast
<aj> "And then, squadron A will attempt to extract the cereal from quadrant 34,
     while teams F and Q ensure the lactic fluid remains chilled and readily
     available..."