Re: draft release announcement

On Sat, 27 Apr 2002 14:39:17 -0400
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:
> Debian GNU/Linux 3,0 features a more streamlined and polished
> installation, which is translated into numerous languages. The debconf
> tool is used to streamline configuration of the system. The task
> system has been revamped and made more flexible. Debian GNU/Linux can
> be installed from CD, or from the network and a few floppies. It can
> be obtained via FTP from ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/, and many
> mirrors, and will soon be available on CD-ROM from numerous vendors.
> CD Images may be downloaded now.[ XXX should I mention DVD? ]
> [ XXX this paragraph is supposed to link to various places. ]

Given that even people who have used Debian in the past won't have any
clue as to what to do at ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/ (let alone those
who are giving it a go for the first time), perhaps adding a link to the
installation manual would be appropriate. Preferrably before the ftp://,
I think.

I assume it'll still be at
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual , but I suppose that
might change.

\ David B. Harris, Systems administrator   |   http://www.terrabox.com /
/  eelf@sympatico.ca, elf@terrabox.com     |     http://eelf.ddts.net  \
/ Clan Barclay motto: Aut agere, aut mori.  (Either action, or death.) \