Re: because it isn't said enough

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 10:41:54PM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> I recently ran into this on my current project (blackbox window manager).
>
> Too often as developers the people we talk to are the ones seeking help and
> guidance.  Whether it is a bug, ignorance, stupidity, that crazy genius only
> they will ever understand, whatever we deal with them, coddle them.  But in the
> end they are usually the only people we deal with regularly.  It is a lot like
> working tech support -- when someone wants to talk to us it is usally not a
> mutual feeling (-:
>
> So, I would just like to remind people to occasionally send a "thank you" to
> those out there who make your day go by.  It really goes a long way to helping
> us devel types deal with life.

  I agree with you on this. I'm personaly trying to thank people for their
  help and reports, and more nowdays than in the past since I realized that
  not getting any reply is somehow frustrating.

  However, it is impossible to always stay in a good mood, and even more
  when you're doing it as a hobbie and getting tons of lame bug reports from
  clueless people. Better avoid packaging famous apps! ;-)

--
Jérôme Marant