Re: David D.W. Downey - Old Key 42D8F306 Signed by New Key C5A76BF6

* christophe barbé

| On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 11:02:15AM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
| > * Manoj Srivastava
| >
| > |  David> 4) Posted the NEW public key (C5A76BF6) to the following:
| > |  David> 		1) public keyservers
| > |  David> 		2) debian-devel@lists.debian.org
| > |  David> 		3) Main upstream source site for affected packages
| > |
| > | 	Have you done anything that I can't do as well right now? I
| > |  mean, I can download your old key, create a new one, and do all you
| > |  have outlined?
| >
| > I would believe you don't have access to put material on
| > *.codecastle.com?
|
| Tollef, do you consider write access to *.codecastle.com as a kind of
| authentification ?

I don't think I stated anything which could be interpreted in that
direction.  I was answering Manoj's question.

To answer you question: no, I do not consider write access to
*.codecastle.com as authentication.

--
Tollef Fog Heen
Unix _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are.