Re: how to split packages

"Carl B. Constantine" <duckwing@duckwing.ca> cum veritate scripsit:

> There are many reasons you may want to break a package up. Common one is
> libs and then apps. Another one is game and data (though I like this one
> less).

The less common one is one original package having many binaries,
and requests for functionality split being done.

That is the kind of split that has caused much problem.

tetex-bin and sgml-tools comes up as examples.

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4