Re: more project URLs?

On Tue, 19 Mar 2002 15:40:11 -0800
Scott Johnston <scott@accom.com> wrote:

> Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 19 Mar 2002 11:32:05 -0800
> > Scott Johnston <scott@accom.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I'm an upstream developer of a Debian package where the package
> > > web page at debian.org has a link to the web page I maintain for the
> > > software. But this seems the exception rather than the norm.
> > >
> > >  Why don't all the package web pages have links to the upstream
> > > author's web pages if they exist?  This would make these pages hosted
> > > on debian.org a far greater resource for understanding what
> > > you can do with the distribution.
> > this is a very wanted feature... see http://bugs.debian.org/www.debian.org
> > (IIRC), there are lots of bugs asking for this, the problem is we
> > need a clear policy on how to place this information into the package
> > and how to grab it to insert on the page
>
> Any specific bug # you were referring to?  I didn't see any subjects
> that looked close to this.
hmmm, sorry, I confused this with the 'put changelog and copyright on
the web' thing, but its still a very discussed feature request... I
remeber reading some threads about this on debian-www

again, as James Treacy said, we need a clear policy for these 3 features
(copyright, changelog and web page link on web) be implemented...
in most packages, adding the copyright file as a link on the web would
be adding the link for the upstream's page, anyway

[]s!

--
kov@debian.org: Gustavo Noronha <http://www.metainfo.org/kov>
Debian: <http://www.debian.org> * <http://debian-br.cipsga.org.br>