Re: ITI: HTTPS method for apt

Wilmer van der Gaast <lintux@bigfoot.com> writes:

>>  I intend to implement a rudimental https method for apt.
>>
> Why? Don't you want yor neighbours (or whoever might be abble to spy on
> your network traffic) to see what package versions you run?

 Or let them modify packages on the fly, or take over the dns server
one is using and redirecting you to a lot more groovier mirror. Even
if you trust the mirror you don't have to trust the network between
you and it. Or then you just don't want the 'transparent' proxy,
through which your isp is forcing your traffic to screw up your upgrades.

                       -j