Re: HD Parameters

On Tue, 2002-03-19 at 01:07, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> As for SCSI emulation, I'm assuming you mean for CD burners as for other
> types of drives it doesn't make too much sense. It's an interesting idea. I
> don't know if other distributions do it, but if you like it, I'm sure the
> boot floppy team will gratefully accept any patches you submit.
Umm I think they already had something like this in the works, but they
descided that this setting made the boot floppies unstable in some way
or another.  So they decided not to put it in there.  Now what I would
suggest would be to put this in a lilo debconf question.  I would think
it would be better to do it in one of the many cd writer packages, but
if I remember correctly dpkg wont allow one package to allow one package
to write to another's files.  This is an intresting quandry.  I would
say maybe a debconf warning telling the user to add it to his lilo.conf
in the cd writer packages.  In any case, it was basically descided that
it wouldnt be included in the boot floppies or insluded by default.

--
-Peace kid
  Scott Henson	shenson2@wvu.edu

"God's the ultimate playa, so naturally He's going to have some haters,"
rapper Ice Cube said. "But these haters need to realize that  if you
mess with the man upstairs, you will get your ass smote. True dat."