Re: perl is offensive

Em Sáb, 2002-03-16 às 22:28, John Hasler escreveu:
> Marcus writes:
> > I am happy that people got a clue now and will use guile as the system
> > script language.
>
> Anything other than System III Bourne shell is totally unacceptable.

In fact, using perl as the System Script Language makes Debian bad for
tinytiny (real tiny) instalation, such as one-floppy linux, or a box
with 50Mb of HD.
But I think that is not the target of Debian anyway...

I agree that uses more CPU cycles than bash, but the gain in time of
development pays that.