Re: about the debian way

On 17-Mar-02, 16:20 (CST), Brian May <bam@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 17, 2002 at 10:14:33AM +1100, Herbert Xu wrote:
> > > two people want.  It is important at least to me to make sure that the
> > > vas majority of users of my packages do not need to edit conffiles.
> >
> > Since Steve only received a handful of requests over 6 years, I would
> > say that the vast majority of cron's users haven't had to modify the
> > conffile either.
>
> Surely I am under no obligation to contact Steve every time I modify one
> of these cron scripts, or did I miss something here?

No, but presumably if it bothered you a lot, or if you thought it was
basic flaw in the packge (rather than just a personal preference),
you'd submit a bug or otherwise let me know. And I *have* made a lot of
changes to improve the flexibility the cron scripts (and checksecurity
in particular) over the last several years. I'm not the quickest
at getting them implemented, admittedly, but I don't reject every
suggestion out of hand.

Steve
--
Steve Greenland