Re: Background image collection

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Dave Baker wrote:

> How about expanding "at" to "tillea-set1"?
>
> That way you can split the images into more manageable sections.  I liked
> the photos I saw, but did notice that some of them are more suitable for
> backgrounds than others.  Hence, -set1 might be good backgrounds, -set2
> might be interesting others, and -set3 might be the remainder.
Well, nice idea.  On the other hand perhaps I should spilt it into

     backgrount-tillea-iceland
     backgrount-tillea-france
     backgrount-tillea-germany

because I think I would have trouble to rate the images in any reasonable
way.  I found out that other people like other images much more than my
favourite ones.

> Also, it makes it more obvious which backgrounds "belong" to which person
> (since lastname-initial is more distinguishable than initial-initial)
Agreed.

> >       background-at-1600x1200_<version>_all.deb
> >       background-at-1280x1024_<version>_all.deb
> >       background-at-1024x768_<version>_all.deb
> >       background-at-800x600_<version>_all.deb
> >       background-at-640x480_<version>_all.deb
> >           -> containing the images scaled down to the apropriate size
> I'd be concerned for disk space, and would suggest considering a single
> high-res (say 1600x1200) package, and then a single middle res (say
> 800x600).  If the end user runs a different screen resolution and doesn't
> have processor power to rescale them on the fly, we can provide scripts to
> resize locally.
Seems reasonable.  I'm waiting to further suggestions/opinions.

Kind regards

       Andreas.