Re: Writing an Apt frontend

Ross Burton (2002-03-14 14:03:53 +0000) :

> If I had a Wizard-like GUI over this I'd be very happy.  The
> question is how can I access the dpkg/apt database?  I can code in C
> and Perl, am learning C++ (but know Java so its just the syntax) and
> could learn Python -- so what bindings are available?

I'd recommend using Glade (a GUI-building GUI), then export this GUI
into XML and use the appropriate binding to instantiate the
application.  This can be done in both Perl and Python, and is
relatively easy.  I don't know about C.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Time is a drug.  Too much of it kills you.
  -- in Small Gods (Terry Pratchett)