Re: libusb...

On 13 Mar 2002 14:39:23 -0500
Michael Alan Dorman <mdorman@debian.org> wrote:

> Perhaps I missed something along the way, but why has the libusb
> package moved from the nominally-standard libusb0 naming to this
> libusb-0.1-4 name?  This would seem to be in violation of policy
> section 11.3.

Well, nominally-standard

I have been checking packages, and it was significant that most library packages
which ended in "0" were broken in some way, ignoring the intent or the actuality
of soname versioning.

Regarding libusb, it is probably a correct way to name the package.
The library name is "libusb-0.1" an the soname is "4", adding a hyphen in
between was probably just to make it readable.

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org  http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer