Re: Explanation of update_output.txt

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 07:09:17PM -0600, Adam Majer wrote:
> Could someone explain to me what these mean?
> skipped: voberon (0) (3+93)
>     got: 46+0: a-11:a-17:h-16:i-2
>     * i386: voberon-dev
> I'm assuming that (0) means RC bugs but what about the rest?

The (0) is obsolete debugging code, that'll be gone with the next update.

The rest is somewhat explained at the FAQ at:
    http://people.debian.org/~jules/testingfaq.html
which is linked from:
    http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/
.

In short, it means that the voberon source package (and all its binaries on
all arches) wasn't updated in testing, because although it didn't cause any
further breakage on alpha, arm, or hppa, it caused voberon-dev to become
uninstallable on i386. If you look at the update_excuses page, you'll find
that it says:

          + Depends: voberon liboo2cx11

which indicates that voberon almost certainly won't go in until liboo2cx11
also does. Unfortunately, liboo2cx11 isn't going to go in any time soon:

     * liboo2cx11 (- to 20000720-1.1)
          + Maintainer: Mike Goldman
          + 123 days old (needed 2 days)
          + liboo2cx11-dev (alpha, i386, ia64, m68k, powerpc, s390,
            sparc) is buggy! (1 > 0)

The bug being referred to is #127148 which is grave and has been open
for 73 days without any comment from the maintainer.

Cheers,
aj

We came. We Saw. We Conferenced. http://linux.conf.au/

  ``Debian: giving you the power to shoot yourself in each
       toe individually.'' -- with kudos to Greg Lehey