Re: [2002-03-10] Release Status Update

On Sunday 10 March 2002 08:08, Anthony Towns wrote:

> The two lists you should be spending some time poking at are still:
>
> 	http://bugs.debian.org/~wakkerma/bugs    (171 RC bugs in unstable)
> 	http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/testing_probs.html
> 		(~120 RC bugs in testing)

I have checked the s390 specific dependency problems in the second list and
found that there are mainly 6 categories of problems.

1) Packages that depend on xserver
    Since s390 does not provide any xserver at all, this could never be
    resolved. I have written bug reports to exclude s390 partly or completely
    from  thai-system, vnc, giftrans, login.app, python-gnome, vnc-java and
    xfree86.

    Should I also write a bug report to drop thai-system, giftrans, login.app
    and vnc-java for s390 from the archives?

   tkvnc is also related to this problem.

2) Packages with broken dependencies due to binary NMUs
    I will make another NMU to fix ted, but don't know how to fix emacs-el and
     uprecords-cgi.

3) Dependency on fakeroot which is not yet in woody for some architectures
    dh-make-perl, equivs, jablicator, kernellab, sbuild

4) Dependency on iproute which is not yet in woody for some architectures
   freenet6, ipmenu, shaper

5) Dependency on kaffe which is not yet in woody for some architectures
   devel-protocols, jlex, jython, makeme, ttthreeparser

6) Dependency on isdnutils which doesn't build on s390
   ibod, isdnbutton

  I will write bug reports to exclude s390.

I have also fixed the libdv-dev dependency problem by a NMU.

Gerhard