Re: problem signing package

* Atsuhito Kohda (kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp) wrote:
> From: "Carl B. Constantine" <duckwing@duckwing.ca>
> Subject: problem signing package
> Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 18:07:13 -0800
>
> > gpg: skipped `Carl B. Constantine <duckwing@duckwing.ca>': secret key not available
> > gpg: [stdin]: clearsign failed: secret key not available
> >
> > any idas on why I'm getting that error? I have gpg, my secret key should
> > be available. Just as a test, I just signed another file in my system.
> > It's working. So what am I doing wrong?
>
> I am not so sure but does "dpkg --list-keys" show you
> exactly "Carl B. Constantine <duckwing@duckwing.ca>"?

I think you mean gpg --list-keys ;-) Anyway here is what I see with this
command:
  $ gpg --list-keys | grep duckwing
/home/duckwing/.gnupg/pubring.gpg
pub  1024D/9F7A3FF8 2002-02-20 Carl B. Constantine (DuckWing) <duckwing@duckwing.ca>

so really the only minor change is the addition of (DuckWing) in the
comments.

> At least <duckwing@duckwing.ca> should be precisely
> displaied, I guess.

as best I can tell, it is!

    __   _                                           Carl B. Constantine
   / /  (_)__  __ ____  __                          duckwing@duckwing.ca
  / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /  (2.4.17)              http://www.duckwing.ca
                                            PGP key available on request

  Up the line - out the server- past the firewall - nothing but Net!!