Re: [2002-03-03] Release Status Update

On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 09:02:02PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 05:22:56PM -0500, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > There is a fix in the BTS for heartbeat; I will NMU.
>
> Thanks. Removing heartbeat would actually remove webmin too, which I'm
> avoiding atm.

This was done last night.

> > > 	http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/testing_probs.html
> > How is this list generated?  This would be useful to know when trying to
> > determine what the problems are with a package.
>
> It's best to treat it as a black box,

This is fine most of the time, but occasionally a situation such as this
arises where testing says "because it has bugs" and the BTS says "what
bugs?", where it is useful to know.  For example, if it became necessary to
back out changes which had since entered unstable, and fix only the bug(s)
that made it unsuitable for release, it would be necessary to know which
bugs those were.

This seems like a good bit to add to
http://people.debian.org/~jules/testingfaq.html

(CCing jules)