Re: Building on dev machines (was: Re: [2002-03-03] Release Status Update (shattering myths about porting bugs))

> Forgive me if this is common knowledge, but I haven't found any
> documentation regarding the developer machines in this respect:  How do we
> install build-depends on these remote machines to test builds?  Is
> pbuilder/sbuild installed for this purpose, or is there another way?
> Followup to -private if required.

There's something called rbuilder
(http://m68k.debian.org/buildd/wanna-build/README.rbuilder).
Unfortunately it is not widely used. The usual method to get things
installed is to either catch a debian admin on IRC or to send mail to
debian-admin@lists.debian.org

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>