Re: Proposal to help Debian release on time

On Fri, 22 Feb 2002 15:31:44 +0100
Jeroen Dekkers <jeroen@dekkers.cx> wrote:

> > Debian QA should monitor these fixs.
>
> Debian QA should monitor a lot of things, especially that base and
> standard is in a good state.
Debian QA is, after all, everyone who is interested in QA work....
it's not a closed group

there's no "this magic thing will make release faster" thing, what
causes out release cycle to be slow is one simple thing: we delay
the start of the freeze process and when we enter it we delay
the release because we do not fix the bugs

the problem is not on Debian's release framework nor in our
Release Manager, the problem is on Debian Developers not fixing
RC bugs as has been said *many times* already

Our release policy is: we don't release RC bugs, this policy is able
to delay the release, and that *is* the right thing to do, do we want
high quality or not?

> Anyway this is for woody+1 and won't help woody. The thing we need to
> work on is getting woody out ASAP!
agreed, I beg you all release-manager-wannabes to STOP this foolish
threads for now and to re-begin then on debian-project (where they
belong) when woody is released... don't waste time

[]s!

--
****   Debian GNU/Linux: <http://www.debian.org>
****   Debian-BR: <http://debian-br.cipsga.org.br>