Re: Testing Menu managers in Debian

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 07:55:15AM -0800, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> On 20-Feb-2002 Bill Allombert wrote:
> > I have tested the support for the Debian menu system in window managers
> > and menu managers. I have tested all the window managers in Debian/testing.

> Blackbox DOES support arbitrary menus, it requires the user to edit their
> settings in ~/.blackboxrc.  In fact this is documented in the package's docs.

I've been meaning to make this a wishlist bug against blackbox,
but wouldn't it be better if the default menu had a 'User Menu'
entry that pointed at the current user's menu/user.menu (Or
whatever the standard location is)

That way system-wide menu changes are propogated to all users,
even if they've added custom programs. And they can always change
.blackboxrc if they want to replace the system's default menu.

If I recall correctly, if the file doesn't exist, blockbox
will put an error in .xsession-errors (same as if the local
styledir doesn't exist) but it won't produce an empty menu
or anything, so visually it looks fine.

Comments welcome, otherwise I'll knock up a patch, and file
a wishlist bug against blackbox (Assuming there's not something
else that needs to be done, in update-menus say...)

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson@Anu.edu.au

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.

use, duplication and distribution.