Re: balsa build help

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 11:32:34AM +0100, Andreas Rottmann wrote:
> Indeed. Looking at the pspell headers it seems libpspell is a mixed
> C/C++ library. That is bad practice anyway, but especially since
> it isn't linked against libstc++.

pspell is written in C++, but exports a C interface, I believe.

Is that bad practice?

Even if it is, we are stuck with it.  Surely the author will not
rewrite it in pure C.

AIUI, the only reason that this is considered bad practice is the
instability (and non-uniformity) of the C++ ABI.

> I would suggest reporting a bug against libpspell, demanding a split
> in, say libpspell and libpspell++, or similiar.

Bug filed by Glenn (for which my thanks).  But not for a split.

How could the split sensibly be performed, given that pspell is
written in C++?

Jules