Re: [kde] setting an /opt precedent, a twist

On Sat, Jan 19, 2002 at 01:08:58AM -0700, John Galt wrote:
> So, would /opt || /usr/local for non-free be a better idea?  I can go for
> that as well: it lends itself to Debian distancing itself from non-free
> without actually making it unavailable...

Why should "distancing itself from non-free" have any relation to
filesystem layout?  Politics deciding technical issues leads to bad
technical decisions.

Debian packages--free, non-free, communist, "distributed" or "made
available"--should never touch /usr/local.

--
Glenn Maynard