Re: Potato to Woody dist-upgrade problems

Theodore Tso <tytso@thunk.org> writes:

> This is one of the things which Microsoft gets right --- they pay
> naive users to be subjected to their software, and videotape the
> results --- and then force the developers to watch the videotapes.

On the other hand, Microsoft's software is notoriously hard to
upgrade.  I know absolutely no "ordinary person" who has ever
successfully upgraded their system.

I know a couple who tried, and quickly gave up and opted for total
reinstall.

Most find even a reinstall so horribly impossible that they just buy a
*new computer* when they want to upgrade the OS.

Thomas