Header files in package for ODBC driver?

Hi all,

I've recently adopted the myodbc2.50.37 and am looking to clean it up
somewhat.  One issue I've run into is that the package ships both static
libraries and header files, even though for all intents and purposes
it's a plugin.  I'd like to restructure the package to discourage direct
linking, but I wanted to ask here if anyone was using the package this
way.  No packages depend on libmyodbc2.50.37, which is a good sign, at
least, but I'd like to be a little more confident that people aren't
using this privately.

Thanks,
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer