Re: Preparing a Proposal: 3 DD needed for every NEW package

Hi Lenart!

You wrote:

> As you might already have noticed Debian begun to bloat - so many
> unneeded, unused, unmaintained(!) packages.
> My opinion is that one DD alone couldn't upload NEW package, but he
> needs 2 proponent DD who are willing to "give his signature for it".
> Just to make it a little more complicated a minimum of 50 word long
> justification needed from all the 3 guys (e.g. two proponent DD and the
> future maintainer).

What problem exactly are you trying to solve here? Why exactly is it a
problem that Debian has so many packages? Which packages do you find
unneeded and unused? A package that may be not useful for you may be
very useful for many others.

I agree with you that the many orphaned packages are a problem, but that
won't be solved by your proposal.

--
Kind regards,
| Bas Zoetekouw                  | Si l'on sait exactement ce   |