Re: Debian menus policy

I would like to make another comment that is pertinent
both to package classification and to menu organization.
During the discussion of the former there was a debate
over whether classification should be done by the package
maintainers or by a classification czar who would maintain
an external database.  I think that unless we can find some
fool who is willing to take responsibility for classifying
the whole archive, responsibility for classification and menu-
fication is going to have to be  delegated to the maintainers.
As usual, maintaining order requires that policy be set.
The most important aspect of the policy will be the selection
of tags and values (i.e., menu and submenu titles) of
sufficiently self-evident meaning as to induce useful and
consistent classification and menufication.

I also suggest that in designing this system we [*] subject
ourselves [*] to the discipline of not using the value/title
"misc".

[*] IANADM

--
Thomas Hood